Seasonal Care Tips
CHANGING WITH THE SEASONS
Although temperature changes in Southern California are minor throughout the year, your home still requires seasonal provisions and upkeep for your comfort and well-being. So while you’re marking the calendar for special events and holidays throughout the year, bear in mind that that it’s also equally important to document appropriate dates, times and activities to conduct seasonal maintenance.
Air Conditioning System
- Have an HVAC professional perform a maintenance checkup and replace filters for the summer.
- Check all vents to make sure they are not blocked by rugs, draperies and furniture.
- Visually inspect roof from the ground for loose or missing shingles or roof tiles.
- Contact roofing contractor should repairs be required.
- Inspect roof penetrations such as air vents for proper mastic, caulking and seals.
- Have you chimney cleaned and checked professionally as necessary.
- Have HVAC professional perform a maintenance checkup and replace filters for the winter.